Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Last Batch Of Photos

As you lay sleeping far away as still as you could be...
How could you know the joy today this photo brings to me?

A few short weeks {months!} and you'll be mine, and "I" will soon be "We".
How could you know the love I feel? It's something you can't see.

So have sweet dreams, my precious babe. Sleep well and tenderly.
Some say that you're the lucky one. How could you know it's me?
~Kris Laughlin

Well, with mixed emotions, we accept that this is our last batch of photo updates before we get the chance to see our baby with our own eyes. We are happy that we are 'next in line' to travel (unless something goes horribly wrong), but we are sad that we have no idea WHEN we will travel.. and we won't have any more visual updates. :( The wait just doesn't get any easier.
Doesn't Devika have the cutest little toothless smile?



8 comments:

Julie & Patrick said...

She is adorable! We all know all too well how hard it gets to wait!

I hope news of a travel date comes soon.

Julie R

Nadra said...

Amy she's so stinkin' cute. She does have a great smile....and LOTS of hair.

Hopefully you'll hear that you have a travel date very soon. I know it's hard....hang in there.

Pam said...

Amy,
She is so beautiful. I hate that you won't get any more pictures. I know that frustration. You guys were the last to travel before we went to get Micah. So....we had his referral picture that was IT until about two weeks before travel. 7 months. Then, we got one more. It was awful those months without a new picture, always wondering. I pray you can be making travel plans soon.
Hugs
Pam

The Labontes said...

She is gorgeous. That hair was striking even when we saw her in November.

High hopes for speedy travels.
Kristy

Kristi W. said...

Very cute toothless smile! The wait is pure agony, that's all there is to it. Hang in there. It will be over soon. Praying for speedy legals and passport.

Kristi

Adoption Blog said...

Oh she is just A D O R A B L E!!!

Oh yes the wait is horrible!!!

I hope you will soon hear about travel dates!!!

Sas

Peter and Nancy said...

Such a sweet little face! It's so exciting to see new photos -- but it makes the wait seem that much more difficult. Hold on . . . it won't be long now!
-- Nancy (Anya Rashi's mom)

Yeah So said...

Wow that went fast! Easy for me to say, right? And you know what, I think she looks like Maya in those pictures, no? Adorable!